Thursday, July 22, 2010

And so it begins.


ALASKA

I don't know why really. I just all of a sudden decided I wanted to have a place to ramble...about nothing really. It's not like I really have anything overly important to say. But at the same time I believe that everyone says at least one truly profound thing in their lives.

I suppose I should start by explaining the title of the blog. I'm not really lost, but neither am I home. I know where it is and I know how to get back to that beloved, frozen, rainforest, but it stays just out of my reach. It's funny, but as a child I hated Alaska and only wanted to get out. Now that I'm out I keep trying to get back or to find places that somehow remind me of home. Colorado reminds me a little of it. But it smells different. Alaska smells moist and friendly. Colorado smells of a desert with trees and exhaust. Colorado is very similar to Flagstaff. Utah is the place that has fit the best. I'll be happy to go back there for school this fall, but even more delighted to return to Alaska for Christmas. (I'm crossing my fingers it will happen).

It's funny how much the state you call home means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment