Sunday, October 24, 2010

Knowledge.

How do you know if something is right? How do you know that the voice in your head is Heavenly Father's and not your own, or worse, Satan's? I've been dating this new boy for a few weeks now and I've been trying to decide if I want to keep seeing him. He's sweet, cute and we have fun together. But then I start to wonder if I should really be dating him. So, I pray and pray and I sometimes feel like I'm not getting any answers.

A few weeks ago, my initial questions were answered in the perfect way. A speaker at one of the BYU devotionals said, "Heavenly Father will always speak in your mind in "I knows" and Satan will put the "What if" questions in your head. I had never thought about personal revelation in that way. Heavenly Father speaks in "I know".

So for those of you wondering (cause I know you are), here's what I know about that boy. I know: he is kind...sometimes, he attends church, he likes that I can cook...and thinks it's just something women do, he doesn't have any sisters, he thinks his mother is wonderful because she places everyone else's needs before her own, and he made me roll in a mud puddle because I lost at cards (which was very degrading - he stood and took pictures), at times he makes me feel like I owe him, I know that he doesn't make me feel like a princess, every time we hang out I feel like I should be dating other people, and lastly, I know that we're going to be just friends. :) Hope he feels like rolling in that puddle of disappointment.

Here's something else I know. I know that dating him has helped me grow. I learned that I know how to have fun on a date. I learned that if I stop worrying about myself I can put the boy at ease. I also learned that, I'm a catch! And I'm not trying to be arrogant. Any guy who doesn't want to date me is crazy because I'm fun and giving. I will make a wonderful wife and mother. I learned that even though I may not be the most beautiful or the most talented woman in the world it doesn't matter because I am unique and talented in my own way. But most importantly I'm a catch because I know how to grow and take criticism and I want to improve.

And lastly, I know that my Heavenly Father and Savior loves me. I know this because I felt so useless 4 weeks ago. I felt like I wasn't good enough for anyone. I felt that I was useless. He knew that I needed a positive dating experience. He knows me. He knows what I need. This is why he speaks in, "I know". He understands that I need the knowledge he has. I need his guidance and he gives it because he loves me. With his help I am beautiful and worthwhile. With his love I am improved. With him, I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment